For the press
Thanks for your interest in Ole and LaDonna Gundersen and LaDonna’s cookbooks.
If you’re looking for more information about LaDonna for an interview or to promote Salmon, Desserts & Friends or My Tiny Alaskan Oven, you have come to the right place. Here, you’ll find:
- Book and author images
- Images from Ole and LaDonna’s life in Alaska aboard the LaDonna Rose
- LaDonna’s bio
- News releases
- Flyers and posters to use for promoting in-store appearances
- Suggested interview topics
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please let us know.
Please note: You may use the images in any promotional materials, but please credit Ole Gundersen. All images are copyrighted. Ole has hundreds of others – amazing shots from their years of fishing in Alaska. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, give us a shout.
If you’d like some of LaDonna’s recipes to share with your readers, we’d be happy to provide them. Again all that we ask is proper credit. Please contact us to discuss the recipes that would best fit your story.
From Salmon, Desserts & Friends
From My Tiny Alaskan Oven
Alaska fishing/LaDonna Rose images
Suggested interview topics
From net to table no-one knows more about catching, cooking and eating salmon than LaDonna. She’s been a commercial fisherwoman in Alaska for more than two decades, cooking at sea without ready access to a grocery store, in a tiny kitchen (galley). Being chief cook and deckhand on the LaDonna Rose has uniquely positioned her to discuss a wide variety of topics, including:
- Why friends don’t let friends eat farmed salmon
- What to look for when choosing fish
- King vs. coho vs. sockeye and others. Which should I choose? How do I know which to bake, broil or BBQ?
- Inventive cooking in tight spaces
- Cooking quick and easy meals without sacrificing flavor or healthy eating
For boating or fishing publications
- Galley tips and galley essentials
- Cooking in tight spaces
- Provisioning for cruising
- Cooking while underway
- Creative cooking in the galley
For additional information or to schedule an interview, contact:
lisa [at] samuelsoncom [dot] com
Want to sell the book in your store? Please contact:
Fine Edge Nautical Publications
sales [at] fineedge [dot] com